In Japanese J1 League, Sanfrecce Hiroshima play against Yokohama FC at Edion Stadium Hiroshima (Hiroshima), which is the home ground of Sanfrecce Hiroshima.
Sanfrecce Hiroshima won their previous match against Nagoya Grampus Eight by 2-0 scoreline. Leandro Pereira and Tsukasa Morishima scored 1-1 goal while Hayao Kawabe give 1 assist in this match.
Yokohama FC won their previous match against Vissel Kobe by 2-1 scoreline. Kazunari Ichimi and Reo Yasunaga scored 1-1 goal while Yuji Senuma give 1 assist in this match.
Venue: Kashima Soccer Stadium
Time: Saturday 14th November, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
Checking on their past head to head results going back to 13/08/2017 reveals that these encounters have been pretty painful for Kashima Antlers. They’ve not been able to get any victories at all whereas Kawasaki Frontale have maintained the edge over them, running out winners in 67% of those ties.
A sum of 16 goals were shared by the two clubs throughout the course of those matches, with 4 for Antlers and 12 being from Frontale. The average number of goals per game works out to 2.67.
The previous league contest between these clubs was J1 League match day 2 on 04/07/2020 when it ended Kawasaki Frontale 2-1 Kashima Antlers.
The match was refereed by Jumpei Iida.
Kashima Antlers fans will want a repeat of their previous result, being a 2-3 J1 League triumph over Yokohama F. Marinos.
For Kashima Antlers, the goalscorers were Ayase Ueda (39′), Everaldo Stum (78′) and Yasushi Endo (84′). Kota Mizunuma (17′) and Erik (27′) scored for Yokohama F. Marinos.
Antônio Zago’s Kashima Antlers have seen rewards for their attempts on goal a sum total of 9 times in their prior six outings. At the other end, the number of goals that have been scored against them in those games is 6.
Coming into this meeting, Kashima Antlers have not beaten Kawasaki Frontale in their last 9 league games.
Following on from being beaten in their last game against Consadole Sapporo in J1 League competition, Kawasaki Frontale and their travelling fans will hope for a better result here.
Anderson Lopes (62′) and Takuma Arano (65′) scored for Consadole Sapporo.
A succession of dependable showings by the Kawasaki Frontale defence has resulted in the number of goals they’ve conceded standing at 4 from their last 6 clashes in total. Over that same period of time, their forwards have scored 11. We will have to see if that trend can be sustained into this next match.
Their prior results show that Kawasaki Frontale:
- remain unbeaten by Kashima Antlers when they have played them away from home in the previous 5 league matches. Away fans have certainly had plenty to cheer about.
- have not been beaten in their last 6 league matches away from home.
Ryuji Izumi (Medial Collateral Ligament Injury), Ryohei Shirasaki (Biceps femoris muscle injury) and Rikuto Hirose (Biceps femoris muscle injury) will not be taking part for Antlers boss Antônio Zago.
Frontale boss Tōru Oniki has to choose a team with limited availability. Yu Kobayashi (Hamstring Injury) and Tatsuya Hasegawa (Medial Collateral Ligament Tear) are not ready for selection.
- Kawasaki Frontale with the best attacking record
- Kawasaki Frontale is first in the league
- Kawasaki Frontale with the best defensive record
- Kawasaki Frontale have a winning streak of 6 matches away from home.
- Kawasaki Frontale have lost just 0 of their last 5 J.League games against Kashima Antlers.
- Kashima Antlers scores 1.5 goals when playing at home and Kawasaki Frontale scores 2.88 goals when playing away (on average).
- When Kashima Antlers leads 1-0 at home, they win in 85% of their matches.
- Kashima Antlers haven’t scored in 3 of their 12 home matches in J.League this season.
- Kashima Antlers have won just 0 of their last 5 J.League games against Kawasaki Frontale.
- Kashima Antlers scores 0.8 goals in a match against Kawasaki Frontale and Kawasaki Frontale scores 2 goals against Kashima Antlers (on average).
- In the last 5 meetings Kashima Antlers won 0, Kawasaki Frontale won 4, 1 draws.
- Kashima Antlers’s last home win against Kawasaki Frontale was in 2014.
Playing 11 (probable) of Kashima Antlers:
Everaldo: Goal -14 Assists –02
S. Doi: Goal -06 Assists –02
A. Ueda: Goal -05 Assists –01
R. Izumi: Goal -03 Assists –02
Juan Alano: Goal -03 Assists –03
T. Inukai: Goal -02 Assists –00
R. Araki: Goal -02 Assists –02
R. Shirasaki: Goal -02 Assists –00
K. Misao: Goal -01 Assists –03
K. Koizumi: Goal -01 Assists –02
Playing 11 (probable) of Kawasaki Frontale :
Y. Kobayashi: Goal -12 Assists –04
Leandro Damião: Goal -11 Assists –03
K. Mitoma: Goal -11 Assists –05
A. Ienaga: Goal -06 Assists –04
R. Hatate: Goal -05 Assists –04
A. Tanaka: Goal -04 Assists –00
M. Yamane: Goal -03 Assists –05
R. Oshima: Goal -03 Assists –03
T. Hasegawa: Goal -03 Assists –00
Y. Wakizaka: Goal -02 Assists –05
Jung Sung-Ryong: Goal -(Goal-keeper)
Kashima Antlers made it three wins in their last four matches as they overcame Yokohama F. Marinos in an entertaining clash last time out. They will hope to continue their solid run of form but come up against league leaders Kawasaki Frontale who will have a point to prove after suffering a rare loss in their last game. They were defeated for the just the second time this season as they were beaten by Consadole Sapporo with their 12-match winning streak in J1 League brought to an end. However, that setback is only likely to ignite a reaction and they should be able to get back to winning ways in this one.
Kawasaki Frontale 1-3 Kawasaki Frontale
Our Dream 11 Pick
Goalkeeper: Jung Sung-Ryong
Defenders: T. Inukai, K. Noborizato, M. Yamane
Midfielders: Juan Alano, Léo Silva, K. Nakamura, K. Mitoma, A. Tanaka
Strikers: Everaldo Stum, Leandro Damião
Captain: Leandro Damião
Vice-Captain: K. Mitoma