Manchester United will host İstanbul Başakşehir in the Group H match of UEFA Champions League(UCL). This is matchday 4 of 6 and Man. United faced a shock defeat of 1-2 on match day 3 of 6 at Başakşehir Fatih Terim Stadium.
When & Where
Wed 25 Nov, 2020 – 01:30 IST
Old Trafford – Manchester
|Manchester United||İstanbul Başakşehir|
Ole Gunnar Solskjær on long-term United vision:
“How long have you got? It deserves more than one sentence. We are a team who want to attack quickly, quick on the break, quick attacking players. More and more teams drop back, we need a team which can break teams down. Against Everton we scored from crosses, from long attacks and winning goal from counter-attack. We don’t want one style of play, but to have players expressing their talents.”
“Well obviously I prepared a team last time, last time Demba Ba was the most likely to play but I warned my coaches about Frederik Gulbrandsen. Quick, strong, that’s the player I know.”
Okan Buruk, İstanbul Başakşehir coach:
“We have many reasons to win. We made our claim by beating Manchester United in the first match. We have to win for our club, Turkish football and ourselves. We are going through a very difficult period.”
- Manchester United have lost three of their last four games against Turkish opponents in European competition (W1), including each of the last two in a row.
- İstanbul Başakşehir’s only previous away game against an English team in European competition came in August 2018, when they lost 0-1 against Burnley in a UEFA Europa League qualifier.
- At Old Trafford, Manchester United have won their last three games against Turkish opposition across the UEFA Champions League and Europa League – their last such defeat at home came back in November 2009, losing 0-1 against Besiktas in the Champions League.
- İstanbul Başakşehir’s previous three games against English sides in European competition have seen them lose once, draw once and win once, with their only victory coming in this season’s reverse fixture against Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League.
- Manchester United have won their last six home games in European competition by an aggregate score of 20-1, while the only game in this run that came in the UEFA Champions League was their 5-0 win over RB Leipzig this season.
- İstanbul Başakşehir have lost their last three away games in European competition, failing to score a goal in each of the last two – 0-3 v FC København in August and 0-2 v RB Leipzig in October.
- Anthony Martial is looking to become the first Manchester United player to score in three consecutive UEFA Champions League appearances since Wayne Rooney in March 2010.
- İstanbul Başakşehir striker Demba Ba has made four previous appearances at Old Trafford in all competitions, scoring one goal in a 1-1 draw while playing for Newcastle United in November 2011.
- Five of Marcus Rashford’s nine goals for Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League have been scored after coming off the bench – indeed, the only player to score more goals for the club in the competition as a substitute is current manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (7).
- Demba Ba and Edin Visca scored the two goals for İstanbul Başakşehir in their previous win against Manchester United, while the last player to score home and away against Manchester United in the group stage of a UEFA Champions League campaign was Braga’s Alan in 2012-13.
|Name||Goals||Assists||Played||Goals per 90||Mins per Goal||Total Shots||Goal Conversion||Shot Accuracy|
|Name||Assists||Goals||Played||Chances Created||Total Passes||Passes Complete||Passes Incomplete||Pass Accuracy|
|Player||All leagues||League||AVG goals||Penalties|
|Manchester United FC||3||2||0||1||8||3||5||6|
Man Utd Predicted XI (4-2-3-1)
de Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles; McTominay, Fred; Mata, Bruno Fernandes, Rashford; Cavani
Istanbul Başakşehir Predicted XI (4-3-3)
Gunok; Rafael, Skrtel, Epureanu, Bolingoli; Kahveci, Tekdemir, Topal; Turuc, Ba, Visca
Dyuta Dream 11 Match Prediction
Man Utd 3-1 Istanbul Başakşehir